Some people have asked about the progress of the book with the working
title of "LDS Study Bible" (which actually just covers the NT), so I
finally got around to making an inquiry with the project manager. The
work had ground to a halt for about a year or 18 months for commercial
reasons (the original publisher no longer exists), and the book is now
planned to come out in two parts: I = introduction, Matthew - Acts; and
II = the epistles, Revelation and appendices. Part I is due out in
December or January and I think I'm allowed to say now that the
publisher is Covenant (possibly under one of their imprints called
Cornerstone Books), and Part II will come out some time in 2003 --
probably the summer of 2003.

Like Mormonism 201, which I've told most of you about, this book is also
being written by committee over the Internet, but this one will also be
printed on paper (probably trade paperback, but I'm not sure).

I'd better get moving. My assignment is I and II Corinthians and Romans.
I've finished my draft of I Corinthians, have 4/13 of II Corinthians
done, several of the appendices (on the Greek nature of the NT and an
introduction to Jacobean English), and I haven't even begun Romans yet.
I can't say yet who the other authors are yet because some of them are
still negotiating (that is, we're still trying to recruit one or two of
them), but one I think I can mention is John Tvedtnes, of FARMS, who has
the assignment to cover the Johannine materials (Gospel of John, the
epistles of John), and co-author Revelation with another person.

If you want to see what it sort of looks like, I've put my draft of I
Corinthians 13 on the web in MS Word format; you can download it at
http://www.geocities.com/marcschindler1/ICOR13.doc   (note that it's the
letter I then COR then the number 13). This draft doesn't show the
actual layout. In the final book, a chapter, or portion of a chapter
will be given, and then these notes will be added. Because they're more
extensive than footnotes (and have a different purpose than most of the
footnotes in the official LDS Bible, which are meant to cross-reference
scriptures thematically) the notes will be in a block on the page, or in
a split-page format.

--
Marc A. Schindler

"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high
and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our
mark."
--Michelangelo Buonarroti

Note: This communication represents the informal personal views of the
author solely; its contents do not necessarily reflect those of the
author’s employer, nor those of any organization with which the author
may be associated.