After careful consideration, Paul Osborne wrote:
>Well, I don't know much about Kruschev other than he backed down against
>the blockade in Cuba. Whether he is a murderer or not is not for me to
>decide. Same thing goes for the Chinese leaders. And if the prophet does
>shake hands with murderers--all I can say is I am terribly disappointed
>and I disapprove. Oh well. I suppose that these guys you call murderers
>have already been baptized by proxy?

Paul, let me bring you up to date.  Between WWI and WWII, Stalin set out to
consolidate his power over the Ukraine.  He did it by starvation.  He took
the whole harvest, mostly wheat, and sold it for cash to build up his
military machine.  Then he dug up the railroad tracks and set his army
around all exits from the Ukraine.  There was no food within, and nobody
could go out.  Over 16,000,000 people starved to death.  And Stalin did it
on purpose to consolidate his power over them.  He figured that a starving
man won't be very rebellious, and he was right.

Now Stalin didn't do this personally.  He delegated it to another man, a
Ukrainian named Nikita Kruschev.  And ever since, Kruschev has been called
"the butcher of the Ukraine."  This is the man that President Eisenhower
honored by inviting him to visit the United States and receive all the
hospitality of the White House.  This is the man that Ezra Taft Benson
shook hands with.

John W. Redelfs                          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"It is an eternal principle that has existed with God from all
Eternity that that man who rises up to condemn others,
finding fault with the Church, saying that they are out of the
way while he himself is righteous, then know assuredly that
that man is in the high road to apostacy...."  (Ehat & Cook,
WORDS OF JOSEPH SMITH, p. 413)