Paul Osborne favored us with:
"Both the Book of Mormon as scripture and Joseph Smith as a prophet bear
witness to Jesus Christ as Savior. The Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl
of Great Price bear that same great witness, as do all of the modern
prophets and apostles. Though all the world may say that Latter-day
Saints do not know or love or worship Jesus Christ, the truth is that we
do. If this is not enough to be counted as Christian, then that word has
lost its meaning."
The reconciliation between those who say we worship Jesus and other who say we must worship only the Father is this: On group is using the word worship to mean "pray to," and the other is using a much broader definition of the term worship. Like so many other words, worship has more than one meaning. Hence, the two sides are arguing over semantics. President Hinckley has never suggested that we should pray to Jesus. Nor did Elder McConkie ever suggest that we should not adore Jesus Christ for what he has done in our behalf. Both President Hinckley and Elder McConkie would agree that we are not to pray to Jesus, but that we are to pray to Father in the name of Jesus.

John W. Redelfs [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Anytime I see something screech across a room and
latch onto someones neck, and the guy screams and
tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that
thing. --Jack Handy

/// ZION LIST CHARTER: Please read it at ///
/// http://www.zionsbest.com/charter.html ///