At 01:54 PM 11/13/2003, Ron Scott asked:

Where, in your opinion, is the "communist" threat today.  And, please don't
post reams of stuff I've read before.  Tell me what YOU think.

Ok, here are a few things that come to mind:

1. Communism still very much rules over a great portion of the earth. China, Cuba, North Korea, Vietnam., etc.

2. Marxist-Leninist Terrorist Organizations still operate in many parts of the world. Such as the Shining Path, FARC, Tamil Tigers, etc. Incidentally, my wife's uncle, Ray Rising, was captured and held by Marxist-Leninist Guerrilla's (The Revolutionary Armed Forces of Columbia or FARC) for 810 days. He wrote a book of his ordeal which you can read about here: http://www.bible.org/docs/br/bookreview-21.htm

3. That the policies of Glasnost and Perestroika are "Potemkin Villages," setup to lull the United States and the rest of the West to sleep. I find it interesting, for example, that Putin was a "former" KGB agent and that Gorbachev, in his book, _Perestroika_ admitted that he is still very much a Marxist.

4. China's "Opening to the West" is very much following the Marxist strategy of dialectical advance. China admits in an official "White Paper," available on their website, that the purpose of trade is to build up their Manufacturing and Military infrastructure while at the same time weakening the west.

These are just a few of my thoughts--but perhaps you had a more specific question in mind?

-- Steven Montgomery [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Wishing to advance in a room full of people, I do not walk through the aisle and straight toward my goal. Nor do I move slowly through the crowd shaking hands with friends and acquaintances, discussing points of interest, gradually nearing the objective. The dialectical pathway is different. It consists of a resolute forward advance followed by an abrupt turn and retreat. Having retreated a distance there is another turn and advance. Through a series of forward-backward steps the goal is approached. To advance thus is to advance dialectically. The Communist goal is fixed and changeless, but their direction of advance reverses itself from time to time. They approach their goal by going directly away from it a considerable portion of the time. Lenin wrote the textbook, One Step Forward, Two Steps Back. Chinese Communist schoolchildren are taught to do the dialectical march taking three steps forward and two steps back. If we judge where the Communists are going by the direction in which they are moving we will obviously be deceived. (Dr. Fred Schwarz, Founder of the Christian Anti-Communism Crusade and Author of, _You Can Trust the Communists: To be Communists_)