Ron Scott wrote:
---
Ah, I'm less than semi-rational. I suppose I'll validate your name
calling if I say I don't agree with you.  Not agreeing with you is prima
facie evidence that I am less than semi-rational, right?
---

Not agreeing with me is evidence that we do not agree.  No surprise in
that.  We can still talk, can't we?

RBS:
---
It's possible that communism could be revived in some former republics
of the USSR.
---

No dramatic "revival" would be required for many formerly communist
countries.  Just a transition back to old familiar ways.

Isn't it rather academic that any socio-political group which believes
communism is the best viable economic and political system could assume
power.  Particularly in unstable countries where there is nothing
competing for that niche.

<shrug>

In spite of your light dismissal, there are still plenty of folks in
evidence even in this country who are devoted to Marxist ideals.  They
would welcome another chance.

RBS:
---
True enough. But the alternative to democracy isn't necessarily
communism.
---

Oh?  You think monarchy or feudal fiefdom are still popular
up-and-coming governments?

RBS:
---
We'll please be specific about my speciousness, if it's not too much to
ask.
---

Don't play dumb.  Your characterizations of Benson are nearly
unanimously polemic.  Lableling him as "the icon of the right wing" can
hardly be taken as an even-handed compliment by anyone.

RBS:
---
I listen to him and many others.
---

Yes--there's listening, then there's listening.

RBS:
---
You are putting words in my mouth, drawing inferences that have NO
BASIS IN FACT,Brother Jim.
---

Eh.  I only put words in my own mouth.  Yours is way too far away.

<smile>

RBS:
---
...whether theres a commy in every commode.
---

In your face, Ron.  This was your (obviously polemic) characterization.

Want to change the tone of the discussion?  Go ahead, I'll reciprocate.