The first reference was to Gary Smith, who is not my bishop, nor
is he an appointed judge in Israel.

RBS

>>Ron:
>---
>>By the way, who's pushing for "gay rights" here?  I've
>>seen a few here
>>calling for "equal treatment under the law" for all,
>>which is something
>>guaranteed by our divinely inspired constitution.<<

--Jim Cobabe--
>Our US constitution is designed to promote a common
>level of morality.
>It was not intended to protect evil behavior, nor to
>shelter those who
>advocate such behavior.  As far as it serves those evil
>purposes today,
>it has become an instrument as twisted and evil in
>intent as the wicked
>minds of those who so pervert the moral basis for our laws.
>
>Equal protection is already afforded in our laws, for
>legitimate and
>traditional marriage.  Nothing in the constitution
>envisions the
>degraded definition of "marriage" that encompasses any
>particular union
>of convenience, affection, devotion, or animal
>attraction. <

It seems that some equally thoughtful judges in Massachusetts and
elsewhere disagree with you.  By proposing the constitutional
amendment, the proposers themselves and supporters indicate that
they too don't agree with you.

> There exists
>a very pragmatic and functional rationale for promoting
>traditional
>marriage in the body of law.  Attempting to expand the
>definition of
>marriage to include perverted sexual behavior threatens
>the benefit we
>incur from that rational basis.  And of course, it
>plainly proposes to
>lend legitimacy to immorality, which contradicts the
>very purpose of all
>laws.<

Immorality is not the issue here. Immorality was endorsed by the
legislature of Utah  and other state legislatures/courts years
ago.  The proposed amendment does not do anything to eliminate
immorality.

>No amount of sophistry can cancel the clear message our
>church leaders
>have delivered on this matter.  They are consistent and
>unanimous in
>raising the level of concern regarding the threat to
>our society.<

Sophistry?  I beg your pardon. Has the Church indicated that
people who believe the courts should decide the matter, as
mandated by the divinely-inspired constitution, are out of step
with the church and its teachings? Please point me to the
statement.

RBS