See the egg intro doc at http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/ PythonEggs .

Maybe the best example of using eggs as packaging units is in TurboGears. You can see it in action by installing it.

- C

On Jan 23, 2006, at 9:32 AM, Chris Withers wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote:
2. I think a real packaging system, like eggs would have helped here.
Eggs in particular would have allowed multiple versions of zope.interface to be installed. Zope would have gotten the version it needed and ZODB would have gotten the version it needed. (Hm, maybe eggs *would* make
   treating Zope as a library work. :)

Jim,

You've mentioned eggs a good few times now and they sound like a pretty "good thing". Where can I/we read up on them to the detail you're alluding to above?

cheers,

Chris

           - http://www.simplistix.co.uk