Yanakiev, Vladimir wrote:
> That was my first question - I can not figure out how this did happened.
> We have the xml, but the entry in the index file is missing. Maybe, the
> zoneadm -z...delete command got interrupted in the middle?... Fixing the
> problem by deleting the file is obvious, but the second question is,
> isn't it more adequate zonecfg to be able to handle this set problems?
> Isn't it better the -F option to disregard the status (or, the lack of
> it at all)? If we agree that this is not correct action, we have to open
> bug/fix?

hmm, hard to tell what happened I guess.
the zoneadm delete was run was it?
or is this some kind of say veritas cluster env, where the zonecfg did
not get propogated to the node in question?

I'm not in development, but I'd tend to agree that if such an
inconsistency is detected, it would be good if we could somehow force
the cleanup. But I'd let zones dev comment more on that one.

Enda