On Fri 03 Aug 2007 at 12:39PM, Lu, Baolu wrote:

> Thanks for reply.
>
> I use snv_68 32 bits. The zonecfg doesn't support
>
> set ip-type
>
> command.
>
> Which build is this feature available since on?

Since Build 57.  Are you sure it isn't there?  Try this:

zonecfg help set|grep ip

You should get

        (global)        ip-type

If not, then I'm not sure what is up.  The other thing I forgot
to mention is that IP instances needs you to have a physical network
connection (or VLAN) which you can assign to the zone.

See also this thread, which has some more good info about
IP Instances:

http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=102102

I also realize that this isn't a great answer overall-- that it
would be nice if this "just worked."  We'll keep trying to improve
things in this space.

        -dp