On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Ian Matchett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Solaris 8/07 a customer is running in a zone but java 1.5 is getting out
> of memory error.

The fact that it's running in a zone is irrelevant unless the software
is trying to modify the kernel, drivers, etc. This can be demonstrated
by running it once in the global zone, or by solving the real problem.

> Top shows 32GB RAM and 5GB free.
>
> Even Java -version get this error.
> Can we run zonestat on Solaris 10?

Yes. It is open-source, unsupported software, but I have tested it on
a couple versions of Solaris 10. If there is a problem, please report
it here. Please use the latest version, 1.3.

> If not what commands inside a zone can we used to figure free RAM and swap.
> and free CPU cycles.
>
> What commands should we get the sysadmin run in the global zone to
> understand the system  and zonecfg?

rcapstat -z
shows the RAM cap currently in effect and how much is being used.

--
--JeffV