It's possible that it could be nfs mount related since the zone did have nfs
mounted fs's but they should have been umounted prior to shutting down the
zone.  In any event I can no longer get into the zone to checkusing  zlogin
and zlogin -C.

I tried Bryan's suggestion on looking for processes that might have open
filehandles to files under the zone's filesystem tree but I don't see that
there are any.