On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:31:20AM -0700, Glenn Faden wrote:
> Steve Lawrence wrote:
> >

> >I think each zone's automounter is smart enough to use lofs instead of nfs
> >for
> >mounts from a non-global to a global zone.
> >

> Please explain how this is possible. How can the automounter convert an
> nfs specification of a global zone pathname into a pathname which can be
> expressed using the non-global zone's lofs semantics?

Well, it doesn't have to be possible.  Instead it should be possible to
have the mount(2) syscall detect the loopback NFS and convert it into a
lofs mount if, say, a flag is set in the arguments, or even by default.

That would work transparently for the automounter.  Though it the
automounter were not calling mount(2) directly, but instead passing back
mount info to the autofs kernel module caller (which it does for some fs
types), then the autofs module would need to know how to convert the
mount to a lofs mount.

Nico