for 30-40 zone
what are the main host ram? and what kind of CPU? and how many CPU?
was everything on ZFS? what are the storage/HDD for zone root?
regards

On 12/1/2011 11:39 AM, Derek McEachern wrote:
Have a peculiar problem that I haven't seen before.

When starting a system that has about 35 - 40 zones on it occasionally we see that one of the zones doesn't come up properly. You can log into the zone but none of the /etc/rc3.d scripts have been run.

/var/adm/messages is completely empty and when running who -r to see the run level it doesn't report anything.

# who -r
run-level Dec 1 09:17 last=

Anyone else seen anything similar? We are running Solaris 10 update 9.

Regards,
Derek

Hung-Sheng Tsao Ph D.
Founder&  Principal