> while the case in which a value only changes once, can be made slightly
> more optimal by passing the value in the watch event. it is not worth the
> risk. in our experience we had a application that was able to make that
> assumption initially and then later when the assumption became invalid it
> was very hard to diagnose.

I don't quite follow.  In this scenario you would be sent two events, with
two pieces of data.

If ZK re-registers watches on reconnect, I don't see how it could be easier
than this.

> we don't want to make zookeeper harder to use by introducing mechanisms
> that only work with subtle assumptions.

I definitely think ZK has too much rope right now.  It's far too easy to
make mistakes and there are lots of subtle undocumented behaviors.
Kevin

--
Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: San Francisco, CA