On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Benjamin Reed <br...@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> if you do a getData("/a", true) and then "/a" changes, you will get a watch
> event. if "/a" changes again, you will not get an event. so, if you want to
> monitor "/a", you need to do a new getData() after each watch event to
> reregister the watch and get the new value. (re-registering watches on
> reconnect is a different issue. there are no disconnects in this example.)
>
> you are correct that zookeeper has some subtle things to watch out for.
> that is why we do not want to add more.

I honestly think they could all be removed if you implemented persistent
watches which don't require re-registration and add the data in the event.

I def don't want to add more though....

I'm not 100% convinced I'm right though as there may be other subtle ZK
things I"m missing but I'm like 90% sure :)

Kevin

--
Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: San Francisco, CA