I think that htis would be a very bad idea because of restart issues.  As it
stands, ZK reads from disk snapshots on startup to avoid moving as much data
from other members of the cluster.

You might consider putting the snapshots and log on a tmpfs file system if
you really, really want this.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve