If you do test large (and by large I'm talking about millions of znodes and 10s of millions of watches) be sure to allocate enough memory, get the latest JVM (1.6.0_17) and turn on incremental/CMS GC in the sun JVM.

You may find this helpful as well for tracking progress in real time: http://bit.ly/1iMZdg

Patrick