Alec Mitchell wrote:
[..]
The big problem with this move is there's no way to give product developers warning. They can't start using super now, because none of the base classes use it, but once super is in place in the base classes developers will need to start using it immediately or risk strange breakages. Maintaining product compatibility between versions of CMF/Plone will become nearly impossible.

Given that we have currently 216 add-on products for Plone listed on
plone.org/products alone, where the majority I guess is based on
Archetypes, this really should be considered a show-stopper.

Doesn't look like there are any alternatives for getting add/delete/copy events working under zope2 though.

I'm afraid you are right :-(

/me holding back my desire to push for events nevertheless

Raphael

Alec