On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:16:26 -0000, Jens Vagelpohl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 15 Feb 2006, at 14:12, Florent Guillaume wrote:

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
There's one specific item that I couldn't find enough information on to make a comment, which is events support. Florent, what is the status on the trunk and the 1.6 branch?

In 1.6 and 2.0 events are not used beyond what Zope has. So events are not used to trigger cataloging on modifications for instance.

Also, manage_afterAdd & co still exist and have not been converted to events, so are still flagged using five:deprecatedManageAddDelete.

As mentioned, Tres has a branch where he works on this.

Is this something we need to wait for for the first 2.0 beta in 1.5 weeks?

High +1 on getting this fixed for 2.0. There's a lot of contrived cataloging code out there (*cough* Archetypes) and it would be beneficial to have a clean model for events in CMF, not just for cataloging things.

Martin

--
(muted)