On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 16:33:01 +0100, David Pratt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Jens. Z3 has it own uid facilities. I guess folks could pick this up through five could they not? Its all moving in that direction in any case.

Plone doesn't have UID, but Archetypes does. This is used primarily for the reference engine, and it's one of the things we'd really like to componentise out to make it independent of Archetypes. I'd say we should aim to have one UID implementation at the Zope3 level and all use that, if it's feasible. I'm not quite sure which part of Z3 you're talking about though, so I can't comment on whether it's feasible.

Martin
--
(muted)