If you feel like it, the change that is biting you is probably in here:

http://cvs.zope.org/Zope/lib/python/ZODB/ coptimizations.c.diff?r1=1.17&r2=1.17.60.1&only_with_tag=Zope-2_6-branch

I looked and there are some changes to the persistent_id code, but I lack sufficient background with this module to have something leap out at me and say "aha!"