Stephan Richter wrote:
On Tuesday 13 April 2004 22:17, Tres Seaver wrote:

<snip>

Of course, having two packages with names differing only in case is a
bit ugly.

Do we want to consider renaming one or both of these packages
to avoid the conflict?

-1 to renaming 'Zope'; the amount of third-party code which we would break is incalculable. -0 to renaming 'zope' to 'z3', or something; at least third party code for Zope3 was built in the test-driven culture, and has at least some chance of migrating cleanly with confidence.

You wanna rename 'zope' to 'z3'

Tres doesn't.

I want to solve the problem of having both "zope" and "Zope".

> for the purpose of merging the two?

Yes

> I really
hope that will not be the case.

Why?

> Or is this for Zope 2 only?

No, it would have to apply to both. Packages that would otherwise work
with Zope 3 in Zope 2 should not have to be changed to be used with Zope 3.

I would hate to have imports like "z3.app.foo" or even "z3.i18n".

Why?

What about "z.app.foo" or "z.i18n"?

Jim