Andreas Jung wrote:

--On Donnerstag, 16. Dezember 2004 16:01 Uhr -0500 Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andreas Jung wrote:

--On Donnerstag, 16. Dezember 2004 15:34 Uhr -0500 Jim Fulton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andreas Jung wrote:

--On Donnerstag, 16. Dezember 2004 20:30 Uhr +0100 "Stefan H. Holek"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

*sound of me protesting noisily*

Let me remind you of the Pope's decree:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-dev/2004-November/024073.html

I have not seen a proposal so far how to solve this issue that works with a complete Docutils package and without sitecustomize.py and I don't know about a better solution. Having Docutils in sane state from the maintenance prospective is much more important for me than leaving it as it was.

As I said in one of my responses to this thread, I see no problem that this extra directory solves. Could you please explain what problem you think an extra directory will solve?

Stefan complained about the sitecustomize.py file and the additional paths injected inside the file. Moving docutils as a whole to lib/python would not solve the problem with similar adjustments to sys.path.

AFAICT, the problem is that you made a change that requires lots of
scripts
to be modified and become slightly more complicated. This is not a huge
deal
if there's a good reason for it, but I can't figure out what that reason
could be. See below.

You're still not getting the point. Z2 shipped and Z3 ships with a *stripped*
down version of Docutils where only the "docutils" subfolder is used. Now
the *whole* package is included which makes it necessary to adjust the paths.

Please explain why including all of docutils requires adjusting the paths.

We include all of docutils in Zope 3 and don't adjust the paths.  We *did*
adjust docutils slightly.

Is the version in Zope 3 less complete than the one you want to include
in Z2?  If not, I suggest copying that one, as it works for Zope 3.

Jim