Andreas Jung wrote:
--On 17. Juni 2005 13:04:17 +0200 Philipp von Weitershausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:

This is really great news!

I am going to start working at getting Chalmers to be one of the key
players in the foundation which would make the foundation even more
vendor-neutral. I am confident that this will go through.

This almost sounds as if the Foundation isn't to be vendor-neutral from
the start which is certainly not the intention of a foundation. What I
like about other open source foundations (take the Plone Foundation from
our community, for example) is that the members are developers, not
companies. The developers govern themselves, every developer gets a vote.

I strongly second that. A company driven or ruled foundation is likely not very much acceptable for the Zope community.

Yes.

I wonder, given their experience in bootstrapping a foundation (with all the legal complications etc.), has the Plone Foundation been solicited for helpful input? Wouldn't make much sense for us to go through the same difficult steps if there's someone within our community who has done it already...

Philipp