Chris Withers wrote:
Andreas Jung wrote:

I've never met ppl who actually used the HelpSys so that's why I am raising the question about the value of the HelpSys. Lots of my co-workers work with Zope on different levels (scripters, product developers)...I've always pointed them to the Zope Book...the HelpSys was never a topic.

I most commonly use the HurtSys for DateTime's api, and some of the idnexing apis. That said, I also agree it should die if something nicer comes along ;-)

I use it a lot, and like Chris, for the DateTime stuff, but also for looking up how to manage properties, etc. It is/was a big help for me (more so than the zope book, at least when I was learning Zope) when learning stuff and looking up things.

One difference I perceive (YMMV) between the Zope book and the Online help is that the online help is more of a renference than the Zope book.

I think my point is that it is an added value if there is an online help available that does not require a live connection to the internet every time you need to look something up.

So +1 on killing the current helpsystem and +1 on replacing it with something nicer :-)

Sincerely,
/dario

Lyrics applied to programming & application design:
"emancipate yourself from mental slavery" - redemption song, b. marley