--On 4. Januar 2006 11:23:09 +0200 Chris Withers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andreas Jung wrote:

No. Imagine a PythonScript that returns a unicode string. The ZPublisher
converts the unicode string to latin1 (zpublisher_default_encoding). Most
browsers will default Latin1 when they can't find the charset in the
content-type header. When you configure the ZPublisher to convert output
to utf-8 then browsers will still default to Latin1 although the output
it utf-8. So we tell the browser which encoding the ZPubisher was using
to produce the output.

Ah, okay, and how would I indicate in my PythonScript return that I'm
returning something different to what is specified in
zpublisher_default_encoding?

By setting the content-type header _with_ a 'charset' set.

-aj