--On 31. Oktober 2007 22:00:46 -0700 Alexander Limi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 21:29:36 -0700, Andreas Jung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The recommendation is still "System python is evil, evil, evil" (quoting
Jim).

Sure, but if you ever want to be able to tell users to do:

easy_install plone

One other point: "easy_install plone" make only sense if the underlying machinery generates an isolated environment for your Plone instance. You really don't want to mess up your system python with a hundred Zope or Plone eggs. This is definitely the road to disaster. On distributions that depends on Python for their internal processing/administration (I think Fedora does) you might break the functionality of your system installation significantly in case of broken or misbehaving eggs. So we must be careful about the story we're telling the users. The obviously easiest way is possibly not the best way (in the long term).

Andreas