Stephan Richter wrote:
On Friday 09 November 2007, Roger Ineichen wrote:
Hi Tres

Whoever released those two eggs (the '.dev-r#####' ones) need
to release "real" updated packages, and then grok 0.11.1
should be released using them.

DEATH TO FAUX PACKAGES!
As far as I understand, this does not happen if you
depend on a KGS, right?

Does the grok release not use the KGS from Stephan?

I agree with Roger, Grok should use the KGS and all will be fine. ;-)

It can't because you guys broke a dozen packages when you split up some of the zope.app.* packages. I'm going to fix this now.

Also, I have a couple of beefs with the "locked down index" approach to the KGS. For instance, if we use the Zope 3.4.x KGS, how would we lock down the version of the grok egg? Or simplejson, z3c.flashmessage and all the other Grok-specific dependencies? Create our own locked down index? I don't think so.