On Feb 5, 2006, at 12:20 PM, Stephan Richter wrote:

On Tuesday 24 January 2006 12:26, Shaun Cutts wrote:
It would seem that the current default mechanism is poorly suited to
providing default values for non-immutables. For example:

class IBar( Interface ):

    a = Object( schema = IFoo, default = Foo() )

Yes, this is even more apparent with the Datetime object, where you often want
to make the default "now".

That's true. It's been raised before...and changes like this have not been approved by Jim.

[...]
BTW, I am really glad someone is looking at this code. It has not gotten the
attention it deserves. Thank you very much!

I add my thanks.  But...

I really hope you will get checkin rights and check in your suggestions! :-)

...as I said, Jim disagreed with this sort of change the last time it was brought up. This needs to have a proposal, or at least needs to have Jim weigh in on it, IMO.

Gary