On Feb 15, 2007, at 3:02 AM, Baiju M wrote:

Hi,
I am not getting any changes (through checkins mailing list) made to zope eggs recently by 'alex' (committer id)

alex, I read your commit mesage: "Remove setup.cfg.in, INSTALL.txt, CHANGES.txt, test.py, MANIFEST.in and
README.txt because they are no longer needed."

Could you remind me which package (or svn revision) you are refering to?

Why these files are no longer needed? test.py may not be required after buildout.

I'll turn that around. What are they needed for? You should only need a setup.py
and, if buildout is used, a buildout.cfg.

The examples alex showed me seemed out of date with the current way of doing things.

I particularly don't want setup.cfg.in, and MANIFEST.in as these aren't really necessary and tend to cause problems.

Also please revert r72507

Why?

Jim

Powered!
CTO                             (540) 361-1714
http://www.python.org