Jim Fulton wrote:
On Jul 13, 2007, at 6:57 AM, Jim Fulton wrote:

* zope.interface
* zope.security
* zope.app.container
* zope.hookable
* zope.i18nmessageid

Could you or someone else make final source releases of these first? I expect that some of these haven't changed since Zope 3.3. We should not make new releases of eggs if they haven't changed. One of the great things about eggs is that we can stop releasing non-changes. :)

In the short term, I'll go ahead and make windows eggs for the packages that have latest source distros.

I take that back. It looks like it's going to take more time than I have to figure out what releases to make. There are various versions floating around.

Yes, I noticed that too. I think the current situtation is way too confusing. We should decide which the authoritative source for the eggs is, the CheeseShop or http://download.zope.org/distribution. The advantage of the latter is that everybody with checkin rights can release a new egg, whereas on the CheeseShop it takes access rights.

Please either:

Point me at an existing source release, and I'll be happy to generate corresponding windows eggs.

I made windows eggs for the latest version of zope.interface that's in pypi.

Great. So we have zope.interface and zope.proxy and there'll be no need for zope.thread. Which leaves us with:

http://download.zope.org/distribution/zope.security-3.4.0b2.tar.gz
http://download.zope.org/distribution/zope.app.container-3.5.0a1.tar.gz
http://download.zope.org/distribution/zope.hookable-3.4.0a1.tar.gz
http://download.zope.org/distribution/zope.i18nmessageid-3.4.0a1.tar.gz

I realize that those aren't final releases, but they (most probably) haven't changed significantly after these releases were made, which would make it a waste of time if I had to tag and tarball them just for the sake of a different version ID.

Thanks again

Philipp

P.S.: While looking around, I found that an ancient version of zope.security actually exists as a Win32 egg on the CheeseShop: http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/zope.security/3.4dev-r73262. I wonder why my Windows buildout didn't find it. Perhaps the egg doesn't satisfy a version dependency?