Derek Richardson wrote:
I wrote most of it today and there is more code shared between the two than is different. The main differences are:

* OOBTrees, instead of an IOBTree and an OIBTree
* Different events are fired when an object is registered and unregistered (they could be merged, but this is easy backwards-compatibility)
* _generateId() is, of course, different

The rest is pretty much copied and pasted, even most of the tests.

This suggests to me that you instead want to /use/ an int ID utility, not /be/ (a mutated) one. Unless there's a very compelling reason to copy all that functionality composition would be much cleaner.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer