Derek Richardson wrote:
Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Martin and Gary pointed out other good reasons why not to go with subclassing: the standard intid utility doesn't work in all environments. Apparently in Zope 2 you'll need a slightly differnet implementation. If you just defer to it via utility lookup, your UUID utility might actually work on both platforms, as long as there's an intid utility. It makes things more flexible.

Hmmm. I've looked in Zope 2.10.3 final (the earliest release I may target) and zope.app.intid is the same between Zope 2.10.3 and Zope 3.3.1, except for the presence in 2.10.3 of zope.app.intid-configure.zcml, which is just a slug. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Yes, it's there, but that doesn't mean it *works* in Zope 2. You should look at five.intid, which is an attempt to make it work in Zope 2.

Martin