Cool.  Good luck.  Let me know if you need a tester. ;)

Tim

Shane Hathaway wrote:

Tim Connor wrote:
Thanks, Shane.  That fixes the problem of Zope not starting, and better
than the other syntax I tried, but it still doesn't fix the core
problem.  My root Ape installs have issues with adding a local role, as
then the default roles get axed.  If you add this fix then Zope re-adds
Owner (and Authenticated, as you need to duplicate the fix a couple
lines lower) during the start-up, but not Manager - and they are not
really added, but sort of hacked in by the start-up code.  Shouldn't Ape
be somehow dealing with this exact situation anyways, or is there just
something wrong with my installs?

I'll look at it.  Ape hasn't been tested with the most recent versions
of Zope 2.7.

Shane