Asad Habib wrote:
Hello. I am trying to use the Python version of the PHP script written by Jason Rust called 'HTML_ToPDF.php'. I have represented this script using an External Method since it uses functions, such as open, which cannot be used in Zope Python scripts for security reasons. The python code for the script consists of a class definition and so I have had to create a python function which instantiates an object of this class. However, I am having toruble passing parameters to this function which are needed by the class constructor to instantiate an object of this class. Can parameters be passed to external methods? Whenever I try to pass parameters to function 'createHtmlToPdf', Zope returns an error stating that no such function exists. Other on the hand, if I pass no parameters this call is successful but the init function fails complaining that three parameters are expected. I have provided a snippet of my code below. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

> def createHtmlToPdf(in_htmlFile, in_domain, in_pdfFile):
>    return html2pdf(in_htmlFile, in_domain, in_pdfFile)

Functions in external methods generally start with the 'self' parameter. Your description of the error messages doesn't entirely support my supposition, but you could try it.

                --jcc
--
"Building Websites with Plone"
http://plonebook.packtpub.com/