--On 4. Juli 2006 12:58:24 -0400 Jonathan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stefan H. Holek" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jonathan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Trying to trap ConflictError

First, you should not - ever - catch a ConflictError. It is essential
for  ConflictErrors to be propagated to the ZPublisher.

This seems to be an extremely 'user-unfriendly' approach.

In my use case the error is being generated when an image object is being
written to a temporary folder. If, for any reason, the image object is
not able to be stored it would seem prudent to be able to handle this
condition within the application software.

If you catch ConflictError then you have to perform conflict resolution on your own. But as Stefan wrote: you should *never* swallow ConflictErrors. I thionk there are one or two ZODB article available from zope.org explaining how to implement conflict resolution properly.

-aj