Tino Wildenhain escribió:
Garito wrote:
Sure, but I can't create a new product for every product I'll use only
to do it catalog aware, isn't it?
Yes you can. Why not? I mean you are using them - so you can use
your products instead as well.
Yes but what if tomorrow you create a product? need work to times: you
first, me later

Who says you have a use for the product I create? Or if it makes
sense to catalog it? If you want a cataloguing framework, why
dont you use CMF or something?
I want to make every class catalogable only if I point a zcatalog id (with self.default_catalog) but If I point it I want to catalogue the object

Now is a search era, isn't it?

Use another framework only to do the objects catalogable?

I love simple things
In my opinion (is only an opinion) these is not the best situation in a
future

Sorry but is not so acceptable for me

The point is, it makes no sense to catalog Pagetemplates,
Python Scripts, Folders and ZSQL Methods, Mailhosts
and Database connections. These are all standard zope
objects, yet they make catalogable content only in derived
work or when they play together - which is a custom
solution anyway. There you can add whatever cataloguing
awareness you want.
And if I use them dinamically (a user with the role1 use the template Ver but a user with the role2 use the template Ver1 for the same context)? (I'm not sure if I understand you clear, sorry If I make a mistake, please
Can you say more about monkeypatching?
If you cant figure out (google, imagination)
you better dont do it :-)

The code to monkey-patch is roughly the same
as subclassing. So you better just subclass
and use your products.

Hint: you can use loops in python too .-)

Kind regards
Tino
A! sure, I'll searched at google!

great :-)