Tino Wildenhain escribió:
Garito wrote:
Tino Wildenhain escribió:
Garito wrote:
Tino Wildenhain escribió:
Garito wrote:
Tino Wildenhain escribió:
Garito wrote:
Sure, but I can't create a new product for every product I'll use only
to do it catalog aware, isn't it?
Yes you can. Why not? I mean you are using them - so you can use
your products instead as well.
Yes but what if tomorrow you create a product? need work to times: you
first, me later
Who says you have a use for the product I create? Or if it makes
sense to catalog it? If you want a cataloguing framework, why
dont you use CMF or something?
I want to make every class catalogable only if I point a zcatalog id
(with self.default_catalog) but If I point it I want to catalogue the
object

And what of the object do you want to catalog?
Which kind of indexes do you want it to support?
What kind of questions do you expect your ZCatalog
(hypothetically) answered? Could you give examples?
Is not important what I want to catalog, for me is important that the object *was* in the catalog (some catalogs indexes some properties some others other properties)

Please read the catalog section again: there isnt the object in the catalog!
Again: The object is _not_ in the catalog.
Its all about usefull indexes and maybe object metadata.
So again: _what_ actually do you expect to find?
When I talk about was in the catalog I mean the object is catalogued
I expect to find *the object* in the catalog

For example:

How do you know how many cousins you have? Because you are a catalog that catalog the number of cousins you have

So you want to count objects based on their meta_type?
Of what use would be such an information?
What if you know how many pagetemplates you have? :-)
Why not?
It depends on the nature of the entity
If I know now many pagetemplates has an entity I could show it to the user
Because I make some curious use of the objects of Zope, for me every object will be a functionality, something the object can do, then I want to know everything about the entity

Another example: how much skills about computing do you have? Again your skills are objects that you need (as a catalog you are) to catalog

We have a skills object in plain zope now? Thats news for me.
not now but I can develep it if I need

Like an entity (a thing, and object) you need to know some data stored in your life added to you

Yes, but a zcatalog cannot work with "some data" - you need to specify
exactly _which_ data you want to find. So what exacly is this on
standard Zope objects?
My entity has some default indexes like meta_type or owner, etc but you could be creative in order to create new ones. It only depends on your needs
..

Yes, but its nonsense. You cant do anything more with the objects
in Zope if they are catalogued.
Are you sure? I can find them!!! Then if I can find them I can count them, give to you (even if its don't depend on me, remember your skills or your cousins?)

Ah yes, which zope product stores cousin data?
Do you want to store cousins data? you need to create an object that stores cousin data

I want to create an object that acts like an entity (like a human or a mortage or a paper or a product -that you can sell)

Yes, you crate it - you define its cataloguing. So what is your business
with standard zope objects here?
They are funcionality to my entity. If the entity has a functionality that sends mails the entity need to has a mail host object but It's not important where do you create it if the entity catalogue it (you can always find it if you ask to the entity catalog)

These entity need to know how is it (its properties, its characteristics)

You cant barely catalog all properties - the catalog would not even know
if this property is meant as keyword or fulltext or whatever...
don't worry! I want to find them. It's not important what they are or where they are

I ask myself if I know myself but I only know about myself all I can catalogue

Regards
Tino
I don't expect anyone guess my needs (is for that I need to develop the class) :) I only ask if I can add some super classes to an object when I create it :)

You can, you just add it. Its there and you even know its name.
So what was your problem again? :-)
They way to add it (but you point me to find at google monkeypatch isn't it? Thanks again)

I know my needs are so particular but I want to create something new with a new perspective. If I can the result will be very curious (I suppose, I expect even)

I choose Zope because is the most near to my finall result

Exactly :-)

Regards
TIno

--