On 8/3/06, Jens Vagelpohl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This has nothing to do with "1980s", just with sanity. Or do you
think it's OK to use some distribution-installed Python where you
have no idea how it has been built and which maybe upgraded without
your knowledge and cause breakage in your Zope setup?

 Yeah. It's worked great for me. In fact, it was one of the big reasons I moved away from slackware to distributions like redhat & debian. Python is nice, in that it lives happily with older versions, so I should be able to upgrade the 2.3 rpm to 2.4, and let Zope use that.

John