Hafeliel schrieb:
--- Andrew Milton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You are only 'restricted' when you enter your code
through-the-web. On-Disk python code has no
restrictions whatsoever. This includes both Products
and External Methods.

This is *well* documented.

Thank you for your input.  Does anyone else in the
community have an opinion?

Yes (sort of...). First of all I must say I have almost no developer experience under zope 2 (only did one or 2 products for Plone) and no experience at all under zope 3. I followed this thread so far with interest though lot of stuff are too complicated for me.

Anyway one thing in particular drew my attention on http://zopereplacement.wikidot.com/zopesfeatures is about naming system and namespace collision which I found worth mentioning because I encountered some problems while naming objects inside the instance of a folderish product.

Another thing which has not been mentioned (or may be it has and I overlooked it) is about (implicit?) acquisition which sometimes instead of leading to a 404-error
produces some strange contents.
Example: you have 2 plone-sites (site1 and site2) on your root.
Calling the url http://yourserver/site1/site2 provides you with a content mixing of the 2 sites. I understand acquisition is a great feature of zope and I don't mean to question this.

So far the 2 cent opinion of a zope user...

Thanks to the the person who initiated this thread for raising (at least for me) some interesting points and hopefully helping developers extending this great application.

Raphael

Dr. Raphael Pesché

Rechenzentrum
Universitaet Freiburg