Hello Andy, all,

On 1/26/2010 4:19 PM, Andy Brown wrote:
I only note the aspect ratio as that is what the companies web site say
is needed for a banner the size I am looking at.  Not being a graphic
designer all I can do is pass on the information.
Absolutely understandable. My comment was more aimed at members of the art project who are thinking of giving it a go as a precautionary statement not to send rough drafts of that size through the email system or on the wiki. The proper dimensions for the final product will of course be observed.
This site list the
following as allowable graphic files.

Adobe Acrobat Document  (*.pdf) (recommended)
Adobe Illustrator Artwork (*.ai) (recommended)
Adobe Photoshop Image (*.psd) (recommended)
Bitmap Image (*.bmp)
CorelDRAW Image (*.cdr,*.clk)
GIF Image (*.gif)
JPEG Image (*.jpg,*.jpeg)
Microsoft Publisher 2003 Document (*.pub)[<-- :O !? ]
Microsoft Word 2003 Document (*.doc,*.docx)
PCX Image Document (*.pcx)
PICT Image (*.pic,*.pict,*.pct)
PNG Image (*.png)
PostScript File (*.ps)
Windows Enhanced Metafile (*.emf)
Windows Metafile (*.wmf)

Thanks.

Andy
Good to know. Did they happen to mention the dpi, or do they not care so long as it meets the pixel dimension requirements? High-end graphics generally, as a rule, tend to be around 300dpi, but sometimes larger designs meant to be viewed at a distance are much lower, maybe 100dpi.

Thanks again! :)

-Brian