Hi Bill,

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Bill Cameron <rockerbi...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I've just registered with OpenOffice, so do not know if this has been
> addressed already.

First of all, thanks for your email and welcome to the OpenOffice.org project.

> I, along with a surprisingly large proportion (7%-10%) of the male
> population, struggle with Daltonism (colour-blindness).  I have worked on
> print production and found very little sympathy for my condition - I suppose
> most of us avoid such circumstances.  Consequently marketing &
> image-generators overlook this problem.  I have seen bad examples using close
> tones, but even black print on red background can be unreadable.
>
> I would like this to be properly considered as you are offering the chance to
> become involved.

I understand what you are saying, but I'm not sure what you would like
us to do about it; would you like to suggest some feature(s) in
OpenOffice.org to help create documents which take colourblind users
into consideration, or do you have some examples where OpenOffice.org
needs to make improvements to be more accessible to colourblind users?
If so, please provide more details and we will look into it.

Regards,
Ivan.