Hi Bill, Ivan, all
(Bill, I don't know if you have subscribed to this list by now, so I'm
CC'ing you)

Ivan M schrieb:
Hi Bill,

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Bill
Cameron<rockerbi...@ntlworld.com>  wrote:
I've just registered with OpenOffice, so do not know if this has
been addressed already.

First of all, thanks for your email and welcome to the OpenOffice.org
project.

I, along with a surprisingly large proportion (7%-10%) of the male
population, struggle with Daltonism (colour-blindness).  I have
worked on print production and found very little sympathy for my
condition - I suppose most of us avoid such circumstances.

At least from my part it has not been avoidance, but just ignorance (not much better, I know) - I didn't think about color-blind people when doing my designs.

[...]

I would like this to be properly considered as you are offering the
chance to become involved.

This is not only an offer, it's really an invitation!

Only if there are people interested in improving a situation, modifications can take place.

So please join our team, subscribe to this mailing list (if you didn't do so already) and tell us when we present new artwork, if this can be improved for color blind people.

We are working on a general revision of our visual presentation in public - here we should try consider these aspects too.

OpenOffice.org is a project of many people spending their time and effort to improve our product. If you would have time and interest to join this effort, we would be glad to have you on board...

Best regards

Bernhard