maxAllowedDups has a very very low priority in assp, because maintening a
large amount of files may consum a large amount of system resources.
The spam folder will be maintened completely (and correctly) at startup
and at the end of the 'MaintBayesCollection' task.

you'll see a logline like
Mar-27-18 10:53:06 [Worker_10000] Info: MaxAllowedDups - 20,823 files
registered in spam folder - 0 files moved to folder C:/assp/discarded

If the same (or similar) subject is received multiple times within a short
time frame (some minutes), it may happen, that all these mails are
collected. If the same subject is received again some times later, while
the workload is low enought, the files for this subject will be maintened
by the SMTP worker. If the same subject is never seen again in a received
mail, the duplicate files (filenames) will be corrected with the next
regular maintenance task (startup/MaintBayesCollection).

The logline above (at startup) shows, that this feature is working like
expected. There were no unmaintened subjects at the last shutdown.

Having maxAllowedDups ignored for a specific subject at a point in time is
normal. Over a long time range, this feature works like expected.

Thomas