subjectFrequencyCache has nothing to do with maxAllowedDups!

subjectFrequency is a blocking feature with high priority - maxAllowedDups
is related to the collection with low priority

>Question: this cache seems to start anew at restart, at least it did for
me.

subjectFrequencyCache is stored in to tmpDB/files at shutdown and reloaded
from there at startup

> I assume assp is removing non-printable characters in the normalization
process?

subject normalization is done:

substitute:
    $sub =~ s/\.?\d+[\d.,]*(?: +\.?\d+[\d.,]*)*/ randnumber /go;  # any
sequence of numbers . ,
    $sub =~ s/\p{Currency_Symbol}+/ currency /goi; # any sequence of
currency symbol
    $sub =~ s/(?:\p{Symbol})+/ symbol /go; # any sequence of unicode
symbols
    $sub =~ s/[_\[\]\~\@\%\$\&\{\}<>#(),.'";:=!?*+\/\\\-]+/ /go; # any
sequence of punctuation and separator

find words:
  any at least two character long words (unicode)

stem words:
  detect the language of the subject
  stem all words

Normalization is done in sub normSubject.

http://your.assp:55555/edit?file=DB-SpamfileNames&note=1h

will show all normailzed filenames and the related file numbers

Open the hash, pickup some file numbers of the 50+, find the numbers in
the hash values (browser search), compare the normalized subject (hash
keys)
Show some examples.

Thomas