Hi, Sandra,

At 11:37 PM 10/31/2004, you wrote:
>>You wrote to Richard: <IMO, the different evolutions are dynamic structurizations.><<

Yes, here is how I see it (taken from my paper):

1. Universals (names, attributes, or categories) refer to the assignment of names or
attributes (naming or attributing) to particulars. This process dynamically
structurizes these particulars into permutations of interrelationships and constructs
knowledge. Thus, a structurization would typically be framed by more than one
universal. (Ian Hacking refers to this perspective as dynamic nominalism. My views
represent a modest modification of Hacking's ideas.)

2. A structurization is defined as a meaningful, contextualized, and volitionally
dependent set of rules pertaining to relationships between particulars(created
realities). Structurizations are contingent on the relative Will of the divine
Particularity or on the relative wills of human particularities in interaction.

>>I agree with this also.  My personal feeling is that "Creation" in all it's forms
>>was structuralized (your terminology) ...normally, I would say:  set in motion... by
>>the One Creator we know as God.<<

Yes, the process of structurization (construction) refers to the assignment of names
and attributes (rules) to categories.

>>While all known existence has a motivating "spirit" only the human species was
>>endowed with cognition through a rational mind and soul in additin to spirit. Having
>>that capacity, humans are able to exercise free will. In doing so, they/we can
>>change the dynamics of structuralization in all earthly kingdoms.<<

Yes, by structurizing (assigning names, attributes, or rules) their observations
through social theory. Of course, scientific structurization does not necessarily
influence popular structurization.

>>The choices we make whether as individuals, particulars or as a structured "society"
>>are a reflection of the ability (singularly or collectively) to recongnize Divine
>>Will.  And, that can only be achieved in limited degrees through the Revelations of
>>the Manifestations of God.<<

Yes, if we recognize, and assign, the divine attributes to ourselves, and to nature,
we can be transformed.

Mark A. Foster * http://markfoster.net
"Sacred cows make the best hamburger"
-- Mark Twain and Abbie Hoffman