Dear Susan,

Could you be a bit more explicit about this theory, as I'm not familiar with any possible "source" in Christian theology.

"...he in turn, seems to have gotten it from Christian theology"

While I'm open to a "broader" understanding of the term, I feel that because the passage from Baha'u'llah opens with : "Contemplate with thine inward eye the chain of
successive Revelations that hath linked the Manifestation of Adam with that of the Báb."; He is indeed referring to the "progressive" (sequential & advancing) revelations of the Manifestations of God. Granted, the Guardian elaborates on the progressive aspects of the Revelation as received by Baha'u'llah.

Thanks much!

lovingly, Sandra

__________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:archive@mail-archive.com To unsubscribe, send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To subscribe, use subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:bahai-st@list.jccc.edu Web - http://list.jccc.edu/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu