On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:09:44 -0900, Sandra Chamberlain
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear Susan,
>
> Could you be a bit more explicit about this theory, as I'm not
> familiar with any possible "source" in Christian theology.
>
> "...he in turn, seems to have gotten it from Christian
> theology"

There is a Christian doctrine known as dispensationalism which breaks
human history into different periods (dispensations) where God deals
with human beings in a particular way. And certain events would mark
the transition points from one dispensation to another, for example,
the fall, the flood, the calling of abraham, the bringing of the law
from Sinai, the crucifixion, etc.