To just say "we believe in absolute gender equality"
and leave it at that seems dishonest.

Dear Gilberto,

Somehow you have a knack for overstating the Baha'i position so that it no
longers resembles anything we actually said. The term 'absolute' is yours,
not ours. What we are arguing is that the Baha'i Faith teaches the equality
of women and men in those areas which really matter.

"Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying collective security is necessarily
some evil doctrine but it certainly isn't pacifism."

We never claimed to be pacifists.

 "And I'm still
unclear on the exact way it is different from a true understanding of
jihad."

A jihad in Muhammad's time signified warfare to defend ones religion. This
is what is disallowed in this Dispensation.

"'ve tried to make this point elsewhere but even according to Bahai
faith in Some Answered Questions Abdul Baha says that the jihads of
Muhammad (Saaws) were defensive."

That is true. But wars to defend our religion are forbidden.

"What did Muhammad or Hussein do in
their day which wouldn't be permitted to Bahais today? Their enemies
were trying to kill them."

We will die rather than kill in the name of religion.

warmest, Susan