I'm not sure exactly what you mean. If when Bahá'ís say "we don't
proselytize" they mean the same thing which is in the Quran "there is
no compulsion in religion" then they should say "Both Islam and the
Bahai Faith is opposed to proselytizing". But when Bahá'ís say "We
don't proselytize" it certainly gives the impression of an absolute
statement, that they are claiming not to proselytize at all while
other religions do. If Bahá'ís said "We actually do proselytize but we
are really really nice about it" I think that's
actually true and would be more honest, even if it doesn't sound as
impressive as the idea of not proselytizing at all.

On this matter of proselytizing dear dear Gilberto you have made some cogent
points some lucid and coherent points and again because of fairness I would
agree with you.

Some of what you say is true but again as I mentioned before we must direct
our eyes on that which has been written by Baha'u'llah, by 'Abdu'l-Baha, the
Guardian, and the Universal House of Justice:

****Care, however, should, at all times, be exercised, lest in their
eagerness to further the international interests of the Faith they frustrate
their purpose, and turn away, through any ACT THAT MIGHT BE MISCONSTRUED AS
AN ATTEMPT TO PROSELYTIZE AND BRING UNDUE PRESSURE UPON THEM, THOSE WHOM
THEY WISH TO WIN OVER TO THEIR CAUSE.
        (Shoghi Effendi:  The Advent of Divine Justice, Page: 66)***

Notice there is no doubt that we do wish to win over humanity to the Cause
of God.

All the Manifestations were commanded to TEACH
**Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations**
Mark 6:34
And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion
toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began
to teach them many things.
Acts 5:42
And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and
preach Jesus Christ.

And in the Holy Qur'an
005.067
YUSUFALI: O Messenger! PROCLAIM [BALLIGH]the (message) which hath been sent
to thee from thy Lord. If thou didst not, thou wouldst not have fulfilled
and proclaimed His mission. And God will defend thee from men (who mean
mischief). For God guideth not those who reject Faith.
PICKTHAL: O Messenger! MAKE KNOWN [BALLIGH] that which hath been revealed
unto thee from thy Lord, for if thou do it not, thou wilt not have conveyed
His message. God will protect thee from mankind. Lo! God guideth not the
disbelieving folk.
SHAKIR: O Messenger! DELIVER [BALLIGH]what bas been revealed to you from
your Lord; and if you do it not, then you have not delivered His message,
and God will protect you from the people; surely God will not guide the
unbelieving people.
>From the singular imperative BALLIGH  you get TABLEEGH  [which is the word
used in all the Baha'I Writings and which is most commonly translated as
TEACHING]

But guidance ultimately is empowered enabled by God
030.053
YUSUFALI: Nor canst thou lead back the blind from their straying: only those
wilt thou make to hear, who believe in Our signs and submit (their wills in
Islam).
PICKTHAL: Nor canst thou guide the blind out of their error. Thou canst make
none to hear save those who believe in Our revelations so that they
surrender (unto Him).
SHAKIR: Nor can you lead away the blind out of their error. You cannot make
to hear any but those who believe in Our communications so they shall
submit.

028.056
YUSUFALI: IT IS TRUE THOU WILT NOT BE ABLE TO GUIDE EVERY ONE, WHOM THOU
LOVEST; but God guides those whom He will and He knows best those who
receive guidance.
PICKTHAL: LO! THOU (O MUHAMMAD) GUIDEST NOT WHOM THOU LOVEST, BUT GOD
GUIDETH WHOM HE WILL. And He is Best Aware of those who walk aright.
SHAKIR: Surely YOU CANNOT GUIDE WHOM YOU LOVE, but God guides whom He
pleases, and He knows best the followers of the right way.

And as we read
  Today the greatest of all divine bestowals is teaching the Cause of God
for it is fraught with confirmations.  Every teacher is confirmed and is
favoured at the Divine Threshold
        (`Abdu'l-Baha)
But Teaching is seen within the overall picture of TRANSFORMATION
** Today it behoveth one and all to forgo the mention of all else, and to
disregard all things.  Let their speaking, let their inner state be summed
up thus:  `Keep all my words of prayer and praise confined to one refrain;
make all my life but servitude to Thee.'  That is, let them concentrate all
their thoughts, all their words, on teaching the Cause of God and spreading
the Faith of God, and inspiring all to characterize themselves with the
characteristics of God; on loving mankind; on being pure and holy in all
things, and spotless in their public and private life; on being upright and
detached, and fervent, and afire.  All is to be yielded up, save only the
remembrance of God; all is to be dispraised, except His praise.  Today, to
this melody of the Company on high, the world will leap and dance:  `Glory
be to my Lord, the All-Glorious!'  But know ye this:  save for this song of
God, no song will stir the world, and save for this nightingale-cry of truth
from the Garden of God, no melody will lure away the heart.  `Whence cometh
this Singer Who speaketh the Beloved's name?'
        (`Abdu'l-Baha:  Selections ...  `Abdu'l-Baha, Page: 93)**

I hope you can inhale the odour of my sincerity and truthfulness and my
affection for all you strive to make sense of...khazeh humble dust